Tuesday, May 3, 2016

No Fuss Make Up for Tired Moms

Originally posted on BabyCenter by ME!


Since becoming a mom, my new normal is tired. My two year old still gets up a few times a night and my seven year old wakes up at the crack of dawn. On most mornings, my hair is a mess and my eye circles are out of control. But, you wouldn't know it because I've become the Houdini of my own beauty routine.

Here are a few products I'm always sure to have in my arsenal, and nothing on the list is more than 10 dollars!

I used to wash and dry my hair everyday. I just don't have time to do that anymore.  And while I was very anti dry shampoo for a long time, I actually found one that I like. Not Your Mama's Dry Shampoo feels tingly and fresh. It goes on light and combs through with little effort. My hair is left with tons of body and nice clean scent. In fact, I like this brand for more than just their dry shampoos. The beach spray is great too. 


I wear contacts so I have to be careful about my eye make up. Almay eyeliner seems to be the only kind that is gentle enough for my sensitive eyes, but stays put all day.  While it's water resistant and smudge proof, but it comes off easily with soap and water.


A quick swipe of shimmery brown shadow really makes my eyes pop and look awake (emphasis on the awake part). I apply it with a make up brush, which seems to work better than a regular eye shadow applicator, because you can really control how much color you put on your eyes. If I'm feeling really fancy, I'll blend two colors together.

I love this CeraVe moisturizer combo. In fact, I've used it for years because it was recommended by my dermatologist. I leave my face a little damp before I put it on so that it soaks in better. The AM version has a built SPF 30 sunblock and the PM version helps repair and restore when you sleep.

These are great for an afternoon pick me up, or a quick swipe at night to get your eye make up off. The scent is pure magic – citrusy and sweet pink grapefruit. Sometimes I open the package just to a whiff. No joke. At 30 wipes per pack, it's a great bargain.

Mamís, what are your go to make up products? Tell us in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment