Friday, April 13, 2012

A Portrait of a Young Artist

This is a picture of Andy, Joe's dad. Notice the mustache, large eyes and big smile. Pretty accurate.


The most memorable day as a mom for me thus far, was the moment when I was able to open up a fresh box of crayons with Joe and see which color crayon he favored and what his first scribbles would look like. I have no idea why this was such a big deal to me, but it was because I cried. Flash forward to today and I'm swimming in doodles. Some are keepers. Some are not. Does it make me a jerk because I don't save everything?

I heard on the news that an original Andy Warhol was found at a garage sale. It was done when he was 9 years old and it's worth well over a million dollars. If Joe is the next Andy Warhol, then I'm screwed.

Moms, how do you determine what to keep and what to trash?

1 comment:

  1. Since you really can't keep everything, including school work,you let your child pick. So, if you have five pieces of "work", let your child pick out one to keep in a container. Dole out the "non-keepers" to grandparents and toss the rest.

    ReplyDelete