Thursday, November 17, 2011

Vampire Cupcakes in Honor of Breaking Dawn Part 1


I can't help it. I love the Twilight series. I read all the books. I might have even re-read some of them. And, I can't deny that I am excited to see the next installment of the movie series, Breaking Dawn, in theaters this Friday.

If you're going to see the movie this weekend, consider these delicious vampire themed cupcakes as a pre-movie snack. The recipe is easy. Here's what you'll need.

One package of vanilla cake mix
Vanilla or cream cheese frosting
One can of cherry pie filling
Toothpicks
Cupcake tins

Make 12 dozen cupcakes as directed on the back of the cake mix box. Once cooled, frost as usual. Dunk a toothpick into the cherry pie filling and poke two holes into the top of each cupcake. Drag the toothpick along the top of cupcake for each hole, so it resembles vampire bite marks.

Serve the cupcakes with a small side of the cherry filling for dunking.

And there you have it. Super yummy and super easy.

*Photo courtesy of BakingBites.com

No comments:

Post a Comment