Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Cardio Barre Challenge SUCCESS



Harder than it looks...trust me. Ballerinas are bad asses.

So, my two-month Cardio Barre challenge has come to an end, and what do I have to show for it? A lot ladies. A lot. I lost pounds and a lot of inches. I didn’t even have to stand on the scale or take a tape measure to my body to know that it had changed. I felt it and people were noticing. I even had to buy new pants. If that’s not proof, I don’t know what is. When I finally did get the tape measure and scale out, the proof was definitely there. Am I going to talk numbers? No. It’s not about that right now. All I know is that I feel amazing. It’s been a complete attitude changer for me. I feel strong physically and mentally. I have more energy than I’ve had in a while.
For those of you who don’t know, I went to Cardio Barre classes for two months straight, for at least three days a week. In addition, I ate better and worked to take the time for myself that I needed.
Could you do it too? Of course! I realized too that anything you do in a group setting helps add to your success. The Cardio Barre ladies were like my posse.  If I didn’t show up for a class, they wanted to know why. When they saw me working hard, they said so. When they saw me slacking of, they said so! I was able to commiserate with other ladies right before class about how tired we were and how we didn’t want to sweat. And then right after the class talk the same ladies about how glad we were that we did it. 
Committing and starting an exercise routine is hard. But once you get into the groove it’s hard to stop. Is this specific challenge over? Yes. But, will I stop taking these classes? NO WAY! I can’t. I’m addicted. I never thought I’d say that about exercise.

1 comment: