Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hooked on Cardio Barre

If you know anything about me, it's that I hate going to the gym. While I hate it, I still do it, because exercise is important. But, I find the gym boring, tedious, and there's no real motivation to get moving. Especially at an ungodly hour in the AM. This is why I fell in love with Cardio Barre - a unique, high energy/no impact exercise class that combines barre work and light weights with continual fat burning motion. 

So, how did I get here? I was recently invited to take a week long set of classes at the Cardio Barre Beverly Hills. I was hesitant at first because I am not used to taking group exercise classes, and the thought of having everyone see just how uncoordinated I am, was frightening. But, I accepted, and attended my first class on a Monday. There were a ton of classes to choose from at all hours of the day.

I was greeted by smiling faces who were genuinely excited for me to try out my first class. The instructors were awesome, and were totally encouraging and helped even me - the most uncoordinated person alive - feel at easy with the exercise routine. And, before I knew it, I was sweating like a mad woman, and enjoying the intense burn of the work out.  It felt so empowering to be pushing my body to those limits. It's high energy for sure, but ends with a nice cool down set to soft music. That was a really nice touch.

But the best part by far, was that with every class they offer free babysitting services. FREE. Basically, this leaves NO excuse for us moms. The play room is completely full with everything and anything you little one would want to play with, plus an endless supply of DVDs. And, if you have a smaller child (even an infant) they can handle that as well. 

Will I be going back? Yep! I'm challenging myself to a two month challenge. No less than three classes a week. I'll be checking back in to let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment