Thursday, January 27, 2011

Welcome to Mama to the Rescue


If you're taking the time to read this blog - thank you. Much appreciated, and welcome! I decided to join the masses and given in. This is my blog - Mama to the Rescue. I think it aptly describes my current life as a multifaceted multi-tasking mama.  Here's what I've got goin' on:

WRITING 
Freelancing is my current gig. I received my degree in journalism from Chapman University and I'm just barely (nine years later) getting into it again. After college I went straight into public relations - the antithesis of being a journalist - the dark side. But, I've seen the light again. And the best part? I can do it from home. That way, I get to spend time and be the sole caregiver to my two year old son Joe. Awesome. Build a fort. Write a few paragraphs. Eat lunch outside. Write a few more paragraphs. Shadow puppets. Take a call from my editor - in my pajamas.

Check out my writing here:
FamilyFinds.com
GeekMom.com
Momlogic.com
SavvySassyMoms.com
Pampers.com 

MOM-ING IT UP:
Most of my time is devoted to being a mom to my toddler son. He's the love of my life - second of course to my handsome husband (h.h) Andy (who by the way has an awesome job as a animation producer over at Six Point Harness, but that's a blog for another day). My son consistantly makes me laugh and I wonder where he got his crazy sense of humor and his mischeivious smile. Then I am reminded that he is half me, half his dad, and it all makes sense. He's also a little too smart for his own good and surprises me everyday with what comes out of his mouth and how he interacts with kids his own age and adults. Amazing. We're raising a little person. And sometimes, that's scary.

ARTS AND CRAFTS: 
Big time into pastels and paint right now. I'm trying to teach myself a few skills but I will most likely be taking a class soon - or at least that's the goal. I have a whole drawer full of the best crafting materials and Joe and I dig into it everyday to get things festive for upcoming holidays, or just make things interesting. Hey, a little glitter glue and googly eyes never hurt anything - only made it better. Am I right?

RANDOMNESS: 
I like comparing people to animals
Dogs with wigs are funny
Coffee should be dripped intravenously interchangeable with Diet Coke
I've seen the movie Splice twice and it's wrecked me for good
Once got a jelly bean stuck up my nose at the age of five, trying to eat like an elephant
My two younger brothers are both bigger than me
Jackalopes are funny
I use green first when I open a new box of crayons

No comments:

Post a Comment